Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Take a Mary Blair Break!


While bopping around YouTube, as I do often, I found this fun little clip from The Three Caballeros. Not one of those Disney films people seem to take much notice of, but it's always been one of my favorites. Many people call it one of Disney's 'throw away' or 'packaged' films but to me it's a fun artistic adventure with really great energy about it that I could just eat! I find myself watching this film on days that have been somewhat drab and mundane. A Monday when it's back to the grind, as they say. It injects some color and vitality into my day that otherwise wouldn't have been present.
One of the driving reasons why I love this film so much is that it's steeped in Mary Blair art. Just watch the clip above. It's fun, it's fanciful, it's dripping with delicious color! It's definitely a sensory thing, and I defy it not to brighten your day!
So click play and suck up the tremendous color and have a delightful day! :D

No comments: