Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Beauty of Tom Sawyer Island

Welcome to the first post of my blog, interestingly named, The Sacred Tree of the Aracuan Bird. There's not much significance to the name, only that I think the Aracuan Bird is one of the most overlooked Disney characters. He's got spunk and energy and always made me laugh as a child. So I dedicate my blog to him.
I visit quite a few blogs, as you may well see from the growing list of excellent blogs to visit at your left. Most pertain to Disney in some kind of way; Disney being a huge passion of mine, both artistically and with its greatest park, the original, Disneyland.
So with this first post, and with many to come, I want to pay a tribute to one of my favorite areas of the park, Tom Sawyer Island. As most people have heard, it's up for some changes. I'm not really supportive of more pirates in the park, so this is my ode to all of TSI's beautiful flora & fauna. I hope most of it remains.
(Most of the TSI photos were taken on my last big photo taking trip, July 17, 2005- Disneyland's proper 50th birthday.)

3 comments:

Daveland said...

Hey Tink - welcome to the world of Blogs! TSI shuts down 2/5, so if you want any more photos, better get over there pronto! From what I hear though, the changes will be good and won't be too POTC oriented. Keep your fingers crossed!

Tinker Bell said...

Thanks for letting me know! I won't be able to make it down in time. My schedule is too hectic to get down to Anaheim, even if it's only 3 hours away or so. I was glad I had the forethought to take these photos when I did. I hope it'll be a success as well. Thanks for checking out the blog!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Tinker bell- Let me also welcome you to the blog world. Nice image of TSI and the Columbia. Hope to see lots of posts from you....