Monday, November 22, 2010

Unfinished Collection OR a Christmas *hint, hint* to my good friends that read this blog and need a gift idea ;)

I have three of these babies! I’ve seen others, but I’m a lazy shopper. I have some weird blockage that makes me feel guilty buying fun stuff for myself, so they remain at three. But what a cute three they are!! :D Zee front

The “they” I am referring to are miniature plates, sold in the park in what appears to be the late 1950’s by the stamp and lack of foliage happening on the paintings.

As it seems all the early Disneyland collectables are, they’re very well made and in fine condition these 50some years later. The colors are vivid and beautiful, I adore the style of painting and especially the charm they exude.

Each little painting clearly conveys the feeling of each area of the park, and when paired together, is a reminder of just how perfect Disneyland is; so many different lands juxtaposed flawlessly. It’s just about as perfect as perfect gets.

Zee backI will obtain the other plates. This I know. And when I do I will slap ‘em up here on the blog. But do check out the New Orleans triangular miniature plate post (here) as the idea is very similar to these. I wish they would have gone for circular ones, just to complete the set visually.

I’m not sure if I’ll get to another post this week, so if I don’t, I want to wish all my readers a very happy Thanksgiving. Take a moment to count your blessings, because each one of us really has so many, even if they appear at times to be hiding. Oh… and eat lots of pie. Mmmmmm, piiiie…

No comments: