Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to Blogging with The Peter Pan Tea Set

I think I’ve been collecting Disney paraphernalia for my entire life… which isn’t as long as some collectors have been at it, but for me, it seems like a good while. I started with the easy stuff, collecting things from Disneyland, or preserving the things that my older sister had from her childhood, and eventually it blossomed into something bigger, better, and much older than I. Peter_P_M_group_2_d

One of my favorite such blossomings is this miniature Peter Pan tea set from around the time of the film’s release in 1953. Being a massive fan of Peter Pan, it was an amazing gift for me. As you can see, it’s a rather large set, with very colorful graphics on every piece. Completely charming in every way and it looks as sparkling as the day it was made. Peter_Pan_m_box_1

Unfortunately, the box and the cute punch out figures don’t belong to me. But, I love the graphics and the usage of the box! I love how, oftentimes, the box was used as some special part of the toy back then- like a colorful background -  instead of being pure waste as it always is now. Great graphics on the box, too.

Now, if only this came in full, adult size! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! My great aunt had a set of this and loved to go and just stare at it. She collected tea cups but had this. I wish more than anything I wish I could find one.

Tinker Bell said...

It is lovely, isn't it? Keep checking on eBay for one, though. That's where this one came from! :)

Unknown said...

I will! if you don;t mind me asking how you paid for it. I am beyond excited at the idea of getting one!!!!

Tinker Bell said...

It was about $150. They're rare, but they do show up now and then. And by all means, if you can get incomplete sets, just pieces here and a few there, over time you'll manage to collect the whole set. The box, I've noticed, is much more difficult to locate- but that's not of any great importance unless you're a serious collector. You should also keep an eye out on etsy.com because a fair amount of Disneyana pops up there as well... usually for better prices.
Good luck!! :D