Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough


Sleeping Beauty came out (again) on DVD today, so in honor of that (even if I haven't purchased it yet) and the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough comeback, I present to you this nice little piece from Walt Disney's Magazine at the opening of the first walk through.
I'm a HUGE fan of Eyvind Earle and his amazing art, a lot of which depicts the area in which I live and have visited. I've been a fan since the first time I was swept away with Sleeping Beauty, and I keep my eye out for any art pertaining to his backgrounds.
I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about the style in reference to how it was used in an animated film, but as an artist myself, I just think it's magical!
I love the diorama effect of these small sized paintings. They draw your eye in, even in a magazine format.
I look forward to picking up my copy soon and seeing a great film in all its widescreen glory!

No comments: